Part 1: Improving Email Communications
This is the first video in our four-part interview series about communication!
We’ve been working closely with Michael Hoeppner, communications expert and CEO of GK Training, to demonstrate ways we can improve our communication skills. In part one, we spend eight minutes talking with Michael about email. We all dedicate so much time and energy to writing emails, so how do we do better?
We ask Michael questions like:
- What is the appropriate length of an email?
- How much time should you take to write emails?
- What are rules of thumb for writing subject lines?
- How can you add value to prospecting emails?
- When is the best time to send emails?
As always, please feel free to reach out to any of our team members here at Jamesbeck or to Michael at GK Training if you have any additional questions or comments.
Part 2: Differentiating Email
We just published Part 2 of our four-part interview series with our friend Michael Hoeppner, communications expert and CEO of GK Training.
In this five minute video, we continue to discuss the concept of email like we did last week, but this time we focus on content: how can we create more compelling, unique and engaging emails in an effort to differentiate ourselves and cut through the crowd?
Some topics we explore with Michael:
- How do you craft a compelling email?
- What are worthwhile techniques for personalizing messages?
- Are there approaches for making your value-added content unique?
As always, please feel free to reach out to any of our team members here at Jamesbeck or to Michael at GK Training if you have any additional questions or comments. We would love to hear what you think of our content.
Part 3: Communication Style
We’re back this week with Part 3 of our interview series about communication featuring Michael Hoeppner, CEO of GK Training. In this video, we spend six minutes discussing different communication styles and how to arrive at the best one for you.
Michael helps us answer questions like:
- Is one style of communication better than another?
- How do we hone and improve our own style?
- Do extroverts have an advantage over introverts in sales situations?
- What is the best way to convey your style while working remotely?
Part 4: Cold-Calling, Effective or Not?
We’ve arrived at the finale of our interview series about communication with Michael Hoeppner, CEO of GK Training. In this last episode, we discuss the current status of the cold-call: is it still effective or not? Additionally, we talk about methods of communication in general and how to chose the best one depending on the situation.
We discuss answers to questions like:
- Is cold-calling still relevant?
- What is more effective? Email/digital messaging or calling directly?
- How should you personalize your outreach?
- How do you approach sales conversations during tumultuous times like these?
- What is the best way to handle the ups and downs during this forced WFH environment and not let them hamper your professional communication?
Please let us know if you liked listening to these conversations about professional communication. We also welcome any suggestions about future topics to explore or any feedback in general. We’d love to include you in this conversation as well!
About GK Training
GK Training is a boutique communications training company serving Fortune 100 companies, universities, and individuals around the world. Using unique kinesthetic learning methods, GK teaches specific, actionable, and repeatable skills in speaking, writing, selling, and leading to everyone from high school students to U.S. presidential candidates. For more information, please visit www.gktraining.com.